Sunday, July 17, 2011

How to get over this tough loss?

I'm a 15 yr old male tennis player at the satellite level. I was playing a round of sixteen match today against a guy that beat me 2 and 2 last august. I lost today 6-3 7-5, I had chances in the first set. And he broke me in he first game of the second set after I hit an easy forehand into the net. It was on serve until I double faulted to make it 5-4 in his favor. He had three math points serving and I lobbed every ball back to save them all. Then I won that game and it was 5-5, I knew there was a 90% or so percent chance that if I won that set, I would win the match. Well, he broke me at 5-5 in a game that lasted like 8 minutes, where I had plenty of chances, and then he served to end the match. I was respectful after, but I was soooooooo pissed off at myself, and I've been yelling at myself since (it's been 2 hours). I definitely lose more than I win, and I knew this was a good chance of me winning. How do I get over this? Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment