Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Does central locking work if battery is flat?

I've got an 04 ford fiesta. Been running fine. Drove home from work no problems. Got out for about half hour. Jumped back in with my kids. Went to start car and it stalled, I think my son in front was playing with hear stick and I didn't notice he had left it in hear for me. Back into neutral turned key nothing! Couple dash lights came on and flashed and instead of the engine starting there was a clicking noise, a bit like an indicator. My partner topped up all the waters and battery. Still lights flashing but this time instead of clicking it was an engine start noise, but sounded more like the car coughed it was so short lived. In the end neighbours helped to jump start. Drove it to my mums to drop kids off about 8 miles there and back, left it running on advice of my partner. Got home turned ignition off left it for a couple minutes. Turned it back on and again flashing dash lights and that clicking sound! Any ideas what it could be? Booked into garage for tomorrow really hope its just the battery! Any advice or ideas much appreciated thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment