Friday, July 15, 2011

3 month old spitting up... DR won't do anything about it!?

I posted a question a few days ago about my 3 month old son spitting up ALL the time. I called his DR to see if we could just try some acid reflux medicine and she said no, and to just keep trying different formulas. I don't want to keep trying formulas, because I know it can mess with his delicate stomach. He spits up every feeding and between feedings. I tried to lower how many ounces he's eating,burping him more, sitting him up for 45 minutes after feedings, added rice to his bottles (recommended by his Dr) and he still spits it all up. He's had this problem since he was born. I know some babies just spit up but I DO NOT think this is just a case of him being a "spitter" he spits up ALOT of the milk, his mouth looks like a faucet, it just keeps coming and never stops. The spit up is chunky and he is sometimes in pain. AND he has constant hiccups and a cough. Which seems to make it worse. All of this points to a mild case of Acid Reflux. There has to be something out there to help my baby boy. Or is the DR right? He will outgrow it? It just doesn't seem normal for him to spitting up this much all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment